What We Believe
What we believe is expressed in the following: Our Statment of Purpose, Our Vision, and Fundamental Truths.
Our Statement of Purpose is drawn from two Scriptures:
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40 (NIV)
Encouraging Christians towards Spiritual Maturity
Equipping Christians for Ministry
Evangelizing the World for Christ
How We Do It
Celebrate who God is through Enthusiastic worship
Care for one another through Affectionate works of love
Call people to Christ through Effective witness
A House of Praise: We are willing to take the time to worship God. We are committed to passionately pursuing times of intimancy with God in every service. Our service is a time of celebration as we reflect our thankfulness and express our praise.
A House of Prayer: We recognize that prayer is the key for the continual flow of the life of God in our church. We shall continue to pray as a church for our community, country, and the world. We encourage our congregation to commit to corporate and personal prayer.
A House of Power: We believe that God desires to continue to bring restoration, healing, and miracles. We are open to the moving of the Holy Spirit and will continue to pursue revival as the Lord directs our schedule.
A House of Preparation: We strive to call believers to grow towards maturity in the Lord. We will continue to improve our Sunday School. We will disciple new believers to help them minister to others. We will help people find and utilize their gifts of the Spirit to be a blessing to the church.
A House of Provision: We will continue to strive toward an ongoing ministry to ministers and their families for times of refreshing. We will always keep our vision large to include all the nations.
A House of Peace: We will touch our world with the message of Christ both locally and through equipping our congregation to reach out to all nations.
A House of Plenty: We will provide ministry to the poor and the needy in our community. Providing the needy with food, clothing, shelter, and support will be a part of our ministry.
As a member of the Assemblies of God, we subscribe to 16 tenets of faith from which the following list is dervived. The original Statement of Fundamental Truths along with reference scriptures can be found on the Assemblies of God website or by downloading a PDF version by by clicking here.
- We believe…The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- We believe…There is only One True God –revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- We believe…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- We believe…though originally good, Man willingly fell to sin –ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- We believe…Every person can have restored fellowship with God through ‘salvation’ trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- We believe…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- We believe…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- We believe…The initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- We believe…Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- We believe…The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- We believe…A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- We believe…Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- We believe…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- We believe…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- We believe…a Final Judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- We believe…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
Tommy and Suzi Thompson, Senior Pastors
|9:30 AM||Sunday School *|
|10:30 AM||Morning Worship *|
|6:00 PM||Networks/Intercessary Prayer (alternates weekly, check calendar)|
|7:00 PM||Family Night *|
* Nursery service is provide for children ages 3 and under